“Farz-e-Uloom” Course: Bridging Religious Knowledge and Contemporary Understanding
The “Farz-e-Uloom” course is a unique and comprehensive educational program that aims to bridge the gap between traditional Islamic teachings and modern knowledge. Developed as a response to the evolving needs of Muslim communities, this course combines the core teachings of Islamic sciences with a broader understanding of contemporary subjects. The term “Farz-e-Uloom” translates to “Obligatory Knowledge” and reflects the program’s commitment to providing essential knowledge for Muslims to navigate both their faith and the challenges of the modern world.
Core Islamic Sciences:
The foundation of the “Farz-e-Uloom” course lies in the traditional Islamic sciences. Students engage in the study of the Quran, Hadith, Fiqh, Aqidah, Tafsir, and Arabic language. These subjects form the basis for a comprehensive understanding of Islam and its teachings.
Critical Thinking and Ethics:
The course emphasizes the development of critical thinking skills, enabling students to analyze and understand religious texts within their historical and cultural contexts. Ethical principles derived from Islamic teachings are explored in relation to contemporary issues, promoting responsible decision-making and moral conduct.
Modern Contextualization: One of the distinguishing features of the “Farz-e-Uloom” course is its effort to contextualize Islamic teachings within the modern world. Students are encouraged to explore how traditional Islamic concepts can be applied to address contemporary challenges, including social justice, environmental stewardship, and interfaith dialogue.
Science and Faith Integration: The program aims to harmonize religious teachings with scientific knowledge. By exploring topics such as cosmology, biology, and ethics from both Islamic and scientific perspectives, students gain a more holistic view of the universe and their place within it.
Interdisciplinary Approach: “Farz-e-Uloom” encourages an interdisciplinary approach, fostering connections between religious studies and fields such as history, philosophy, psychology, and sociology. This approach enriches students’ understanding of the complexity of human experience and societal dynamics.
Community Engagement: Practical application of knowledge is emphasized through community engagement projects. Students collaborate on initiatives that address social issues, humanitarian concerns, and community development, embodying the values of compassion and service.
Interfaith and Intrafaith Dialogue: Recognizing the importance of fostering positive relationships with people of other faiths and within the Muslim community itself, the course promotes open dialogue and understanding. Students are encouraged to engage in meaningful conversations that promote tolerance and unity.
Leadership and Communication: Graduates of the “Farz-e-Uloom” course are equipped with leadership skills and effective communication techniques. These skills empower them to be ambassadors of Islam, contributing positively to their communities and society at large.
The “Farz-e-Uloom” course seeks to create well-rounded individuals who possess a deep understanding of their faith while also being well-informed global citizens. By merging traditional Islamic education with contemporary knowledge, this course offers a holistic learning experience that addresses the spiritual, intellectual, and practical dimensions of life in the modern world.
Islamic customs and laws.
In this course, we learn the main pillars of Islam and some other basic topics which are basic but imparts huge positions in Islamic customs and laws.
- Here we learn what comes under the category of farz e Uloom, what are the deeds classified under farz e Uloom. What are the things we must consider so that we can fulfill all the most necessary obligations of Allah regarded as Fariaz?
- In this course, we cover aqaid related to Allah SWT. What believe we have to nourish and from what we must abide to be on the right path. How the powers and authority that belongs to Allah SWT could be praised and how we fulfill his obligations.
- Who are the prophets? What they are intended to do? What we must have to believe regarding them? What are their teachings? Etc. are some question frequently arose in our minds. Through this course, one will clear his mind.
- Still many Muslims are there in the world who practice all the obligations of Allah SWT but don’t know the small things like most often people get confused in farz and wajib etc. After having this course you can classify things as Sunnat farz wajib etc.
- Taharat meaning Cleanliness is the most important component of our religion. It’s already known to us that our prophet said:
Cleanliness is half of faith (Sahih Muslim).
- How we have to clean ourselves? What things will make us unclean? What things are regarded as nijasat? These all things are learned in the section of taharat and nijasat.
- In a day we have prayers (namaz) five times. For these prayers, we have a recalling as Azaan. The honor and admiration of azan and methods to offer namaz could be learned in the section of namaz and azan.
- In our religion, some specific rituals are to be followed by us when anyone of our loved ones will die. At that time what we have to do? Must be known to us before the time of need. In one section of this course, we will learn the methods that the Holy Prophet told us related to kafan and namaz janaza.
- There is a separate section for Hajj (pilgrimage) and Roza (fasting). We must abide by certain things in the condition of Roza and Hajj. Detailed knowledge of such thing and the methods to perform Hajj and Roza properly are learned in the section of Hajj and Roza.
- One of the pillars of Islam is zakat to generate equality among nations. There are certain specific persons and certain specific conditions to whom we are allowed to give zakat. This discrimination among people for eligibility for Zakat could be learned in the zakat portion of this course.
We just have to learn these small but very important basics in order to live our lives according to Allah SWT obligations and commands demonstrated to us by our Holy Prophet SAW. This will not only help us in this life but also in the life hereafter. In Quran Allah SWT said :
“Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves” (Quran 2:222).
|Plan||Duration||Class Per Week||Class Per Month||USA$ (Per Month)||Euro€ (Per Month)||Pound£ (Per Month)|
|Plan A||1 Hours||3||12||$100||€93||£82|